WGEM Primetime Giveaway
(1) The WGEM Watch and Win Method of Entry will begin on September 17th, 2012, and the final entry period will end at 10:00 p.m. on September 28th, 2012. One winner will be selected from entrants using the WGEM Watch and Win Method of Entry. All dates and times are subject to change in the event of human error or technical issues affecting WGEM, the Watch and Win entry process, or relevant on-air programming or in the event of breaking news, weather, or live event that merits, in WGEM's sole discretion, the preemption of the scheduled programming, including the Giveaway or display of the "word of the day," or that is of greater public importance, in WGEM's sole discretion, than the timely or precise execution of the Giveaway. In the event of any such event, condition, or programming change or preemption, WGEM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to delay, reschedule, or omit the presentation of the "word of the day" and/or the corresponding Entry Period. Each weekday between September 17th and the 28th has a separate period during which entries via the Watch and Win Method of Entry will be accepted (each an "Entry Period"). To participate, watch primetime on WGEM's, Fox and The Tri-States CW, weekdays on those dates during primetime, a "word of the day" will be announced or displayed sometime during the commercial breaks. Viewers must watch for the "word of the day," because knowledge of the word is necessary in order to submit an eligible entry using the Watch and Win Entry Method. Limit one submission per person per submission method per Watch and Win Entry Period during the Giveaway up to ten times for ten keywords. Multiple entries received from any entrant beyond this limit will void all such additional entries if detected. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified if detected. Entries that are late, misdirected, incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. There are two ways to submit an entry using the Watch and Win Entry Method:
A. Text Message Submission. After the word of the day is displayed during primetime on the days specified above, participants may enter the Giveaway by sending a text message to 28214 with the correct word of the day in the body of the message. All entrants entering via the text message entry method must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Giveaway. Entrants entering by making a Text Message Submission may be sent a text message to confirm entry into the Giveaway, and, by participating, entrants authorize such confirmation text messages from Sponsors. Entrants entering by text will be charged standard text messaging rates for text messages sent from and received by their handset according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling plan. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas.
B. Mail Submission. A onetime entry by mail can be submitted by writing the word "Mexico" and the entrant's name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth.
(a) GRAND PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: The Grand Prize will be randomly drawn from all entries on Monday October 1st. The Grand Prize Winner may be recorded, and the recordings or excerpts thereof may be aired or displayed on WGEM or www.WGEM.com and/or other website(s). If the winner is found to be ineligible, or cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, such person will be disqualified.
The Winner is subject to verification.
PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, entry in the Giveaway constitutes each entrant's consent to Giveaway Entities to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television, radio, or offline promotions), each winner's name, city, photograph, likeness, voice, image, each in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval.
Giveaway Entities are not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged missing, or undeliverable tickets.
Grand Prize and Sponsor Prizes will be available for pick up at WGEM during normal business hours. In the event any prize is not claimed by 5:00 p.m. October 5th , 2012, will be forfeited.
All prizes will be awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsors. Date and time of Grand Prize Event are subject to change. Grand Prize Event is subject to cancellation. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of prize are the sole responsibility of winner. All details of prize will be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize (or prize element) of comparable or greater value. Prizes cannot be transferred by winner or redeemed for cash and are valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of prize by winner(s). If a prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time after notification from Sponsors, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, it will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries at Sponsors' sole discretion. Participants entering by text messaging will be charged standard text messaging rates for text messages sent and received from his/her handset according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling plan. Standard text and data rates may apply. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas.
7. ODDS: Odds of becoming a winner depend upon the total number of entries received during the relevant entry period.
8. OFFICIAL RULES: Official Rules may be obtained by (i) logging onto http://www.wgem.com, or (ii) by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "WGEM Primetime Giveaway Rules", 513 Hampshire Quincy Illinois 62301, or (iii) picking up a copy of the official rules at the WGEM studios during normal business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays). Rules requests must be received by 5:00 p.m. on September 28th, 2012.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS: Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Giveaway or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other causes which, in Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Giveaway, (b) the Giveaway or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries pursuant to these Official Rules, or (c) the Giveaway becomes corrupted due to wireless calling/text message carrier service interruption for any reason, or (d) the Giveaway is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the GIVEAWAY Entities and each of their parent, subsidiary companies, affiliates, divisions, franchisees, representatives, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers, distributors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their officers, directors, employees, shareholders and agents, and each of the foregoing entities' employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the GIVEAWAY or acceptance, delivery or use of any prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling/text message carrier service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, (ii) failure of any entry to be received in whole or in part by Sponsors due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or wireless calling/text message carrier service, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Giveaway, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, misdirected, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and with all decisions of Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right to permanently disqualify from any promotion any person they believe has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Giveaway in any way shall be disqualified if detected. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. In the event of dispute as to who submitted a text entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the subscriber of the wireless service plan for the handset that was used to submit the entry. Additional restrictions may apply.
By entering the Giveaway, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant's heirs, executors, and administrators to indemnify Giveaway Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Giveaway Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by prize supplier that are sent along with prize and to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Giveaway itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsors, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Giveaway at Sponsors' sole discretion. The failure of Sponsors to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsors (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other "force majeure" event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Giveaway or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsors reserve the right to select Grand Prize Winner and Sponsor Prize Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted at the http://www.wgem.com . Sponsors may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Giveaway, if such entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsors, or Sponsors' agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion).
10. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS GIVEAWAY SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY BY ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION THEN EFFECTIVE, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY ENTRANT WITH REGARD TO THIS GIVEAWAY, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and sponsors in connection with the Giveaway shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the above mentioned state. Arbitration in Adams County, Illinois shall be the exclusive forum and venue for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and for this Giveaway. If arbitration is prohibited, then and in such event, the courts of Illinois in Adams County shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and/or this Giveaway. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Giveaway, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Illinois in Adams County. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
11. PRIVACY: If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive materials from WGEM Mobile Rewards Club or its partners, please reply STOP to STOP.
12. WINNERS LIST: For a list of the winners, visit www.WGEM.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by September 30, 2012, to: "WGEM Primetime Giveaway Rules", 513 Hampshire Quincy Illinois 62301
13. SPONSORS: WGEM TV/Quincy Broadcasting Company/Quincy Newspapers, Inc., Quincy Discount Travel, Premier Diva, Interior Elements By Neely.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Donna Vancil at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.