Keokuk man acquitted of charges - WGEM.com: Quincy News, Weather, Sports, and Radio

Keokuk man acquitted of charges

Posted:

An 18-year-old Keokuk man has been acquitted for shooting another man while trying to protect his mother during an argument this summer.

The Hawk-Eye reports a jury found Colton Dobson not guilty on Thursday after a three-day trial. He had been charged with willfully injuring 27-year-old Tim Mondon with a shotgun on July 14.

Defense attorney Gordon Liles says jurors believed Dobson was acting in self-defense when he shot Mondon, who had to have the lower part of one leg amputated.

Liles says Mondon was drunk at the time of the shooting and had been verbally and physically abusing Dobson's mother.

When Dobson intervened, Mondon started beating up Dobson in the front yard. Dobson grabbed a shotgun from inside, but Mondon refused to back down and was shot.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Woodworth at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.