Quincy firefighters rescued several pets from a house fire Wednesday morning.
Fire crews were called to 1416 Payson Avenue just before 9 a.m.
Fire officials say a woman escaped the home unharmed, but several cats and dogs had to be pulled out by fire crews.
Oxygen was given to some of the animals by EMT's. All the pets survived.
Crews were able to contain the fire within a few minutes.
Fire officials say a candle started the blaze.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Woodworth at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.