A fire that destroyed a shed on Quincy's north side Tuesday night is now being called electrical in nature.
Tri-Township firefighters believe outdoor Christmas lights might have caused the fire. They will be back on the scene Wednesday morning to confirm the cause.
The fire was reported around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday night.
By the time Tri-township firefighters arrived at 1503 Gayla Drive, the shed was fully engulfed in flames.
Firefighters say they quickly worked to keep the fire from spreading from the shed to the nearby home - and flames were shooting fifty feet into the air. "When the fire is fully involved - we have to be worried about the walls coming out and stuff like that, collapse, so we take precautions - try to stay back a little bit," said assistant fire chief Darren Smith.
The shed is considered a total loss.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Woodworth at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.