First Quincy house fire of holiday season started by cigarette - WGEM.com: Quincy News, Weather, Sports, and Radio

First Quincy house fire of holiday season started by cigarette

Posted:
QUINCY, Ill. (WGEM) -

The Quincy Fire Department says a small fire near 10th and State Tuesday night was caused by a discarded cigarette.

A man was reportedly smoking on the back deck and threw the butt on the ground, sparking the fire.

Crews were able to quickly contain the fire to the outside of the home.

It was the first house fire of the holiday season in Quincy.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Woodworth at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.