Family escapes safely from Canton house fire - WGEM.com: Quincy News, Weather, Sports, and Radio

Family escapes safely from Canton house fire

Posted:
CANTON, Mo. (WGEM) -

A family of four is safe after their home caught fire Monday morning in Canton.

Fire crews responded to reports of a house fire in the 700 block of Bland Street in Canton. Fire Chief Jeff McReynolds says that the fire appears to have originated in the flume between an outside stove and wall of the home.

McReynolds said the fire appears to have traveled up the pipe in the wall and into the attic. The fire never entered the living areas of the home, McReynolds said.

The family of a man, his wife and two young girls were able to get out of the home unharmed.

The home has sustained smoke and water damage, but does not appear to be a total loss, McReynolds said.

Bland Street was closed as crews worked on the scene. 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Woodworth at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.