A New London family will not be able to sleep at home tonight after a fire damaged their home.
Firefighters were called to the fire just after 9:00 Thursday night at Main and First near the Casey's General Store.
New London Fire Chief Raymond Reed says everyone got out safely.
He says it looks like the fire started in the wiring in the attic and firefighters were able to stop it from spreading.
Reed says the house has minor smoke and water damage and the American Red Cross is helping the family until the home is cleaned up.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Donna Vancil at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.