Flames were pouring out of O'Shea's Bar and Grill Friday just before 10 p.m. A time when the bar usually gets busy on a Friday night.
Michael Brommer was one of about 30 people inside the bar eating and drinking when he noticed something strange.
"We was all sitting around eating and then the place all filled up with smoke and the waitresses and bartenders are saying you need to get out of there," said Brommer.
Owner Stan Whelan says when word got out about the blaze, people in the community came to his side.
"The people's been great. They've offered their support if we need any help at all," said Whelan.
Whelan and a group of people spent much of Saturday cleaning up the ruble the fire left behind. Whelan says one group that really stepped up was Kohl Wholesale.
"They're being great. They're going to store all of our food in the freezer until we get back reopened," said Whelan.
Whelen says the work they did today was the first step in rebuilding his business.
"We're going to get it back in gear and remodeled," said Whelan.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Donna Vancil at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.