Electrical short sparks insulation fire at the Palmyra Spectator - WGEM.com: Quincy News, Weather, Sports, and Radio

Electrical short sparks insulation fire at the Palmyra Spectator

Posted:
PALMYRA, Mo. (WGEM) -

Palmyra fire officials say faulty wiring sparked a minor fire at the Palmyra Spectator Monday afternoon.

Crews were called to 304 South Main around 1:45 to a report of smoke in the area.

Fire officials on scene say electrical wiring shorted out in the ceiling and caught about 10 feet of insulation on fire.

Firefighters says they were lucky someone was inside to notice the smoke, or it could have been a lot worse.

No injuries were reported.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Woodworth at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.