Small fire overnight at Hannibal community pool - WGEM.com: Quincy News, Weather, Sports, and Radio

Small fire overnight at Hannibal community pool

Posted:
HANNIBAL, Mo. (WGEM) -

Hannibal firefighters responded to a fire at the Hannibal community pool late Wednesday night.

According to Captain Mark Vanwinkle, they responded around 11:45 PM to reports of smoke coming from a nearby building.

A deep freeze short-circuited, causing a minor fire, but was quickly extinguished, and the freezer was removed from the building.

There were no reports of major damage, and there were no injuries.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Woodworth at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.