BOWEN, Ill. (WGEM) - Bowen fire officials say a welding accident is likely to blame for a house fire on Tuesday afternoon.
Crews responded to 308 2nd St. in Bowen, where they say a fire likely started after a man was welding in his garage.
Two people were inside at the time of the fire, but were able to get to safety without injury. The house, three vehicles and a boat were completely destroyed.
Residents reported three loud explosions before the home burst into flames.
An investigation into the fire continues. Crews from Plymouth Tri-County and Augusta also responded.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Woodworth at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.