Early morning fire forces Hannibal family from home - WGEM.com: Quincy News, Weather, Sports, and Radio

Early morning fire forces Hannibal family from home

Posted:
HANNIBAL, Mo. (WGEM) -

An early morning house fire has temporarily forced a Hannibal family from their home.

According to Hannibal Assistant Fire Chief Sean Hampton, the Hannibal Fire Department responded to a fire at 1238 Vermont Street around 1:30 Monday morning. Crews found smoke coming from the two story building. Both homeowners were able to escape unharmed. The fire was contained to the kitchen, which suffered moderate smoke and water damage. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental in nature, and caused by a cooking appliance.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Donna Vancil at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.