Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Skinny Mini Banana Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas using a fork.
- Add brown sugar, egg, egg whites, and milk; mix together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix. Batter will be thick.
- Add small spoonfuls of batter to a well heated pan sprayed with non-stick spray and cook pancakes.
- Serve pancakes with sugar-free maple syrup, or honey and fresh sliced bananas.
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup of strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
- Spread peanut butter over tortilla.
- Slice bananas and strawberries into bite size pieces and spread out onto tortillas.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of fruit if desired.
- Fold tortilla in half and cut in half.
Gluten Free Baked Oatmeal Casserole
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup of raspberries (any berries work)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups of skim milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- 1 ripe banana, peeled, ½ inch slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and generously spray the inside of a 10 ½ by 7 inch baking dish with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half the walnuts, half the strawberries, and half the chocolate chips.
- In another large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish; spread out evenly.
- Arrange the remaining strawberries, walnuts, and chocolate chips on top along with banana slices.
- Pour the milk mixture over top of everything.
- Gently shake the baking dish to help the milk mixture go throughout the oats.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and the milk mixture has set.