Healthy Dinner Recipes
Spicy Hawaiian Burgers
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 6 pineapple rings
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp seasoning salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minces
- *6 servings per recipe
- Combine ground chicken, soy sauce, ½ the paprika, ½ the chili powder, seasoning salt, cumin, garlic. Lightly mix with hand and divide into 6 even balls. Form patties, making them slightly thinning in the middle and sprinkle with remaining paprika and chili powder. Refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill burgers over medium heat about 6 minutes per side. Top with cheese for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Remove to a plate. Grill buns if desired.
- Grill pineapple directly on the grates over medium heat. Carefully turn after 1-2 minutes. Assemble burgers and enjoy!
Roasted Garlic, Chicken & Herb White Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 cloves roasted garlic, minces
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup half and half
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cup boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ¾ cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Prepare baking sheet with a siplat liner, or grease and sprinkle with cornmeal
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and sauté roasted garlic for 1 minutes
- Add flour and mix until well blended; cook for 1 minutes
- Slowly whisk in the milk and half and half; mix in the pepper
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken
- Remove from heat, and stir in Parmesan Cheese.
- Spread dough into about a 12 inch circle on prepared baking sheet.
- Spread white sauce over dough, top with chicken, red onions, and cheese.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until the crust is golden, and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with herbs; cut and serve immediately.