A Shelbyville man will have to find another place to stay for a while after a fire damaged his home.
Crews responded to a residence at 203 S. Cleveland St. at approximately 4:15 a.m.
Fire officials say no one was hurt, but Shelbyville Fire Chief Mike Geisendorfer says the elderly man was on oxygen and couldn't get out of the house because he didn't have a portable tank.
Emergency crews were able to get him on a portable system and help him out in time. He wasn't hurt.
Geisendorfer says the fire started just after four o'clock Thursday morning in the bathroom exhaust fan.
Shelbina Fire Chief Gene Harland, whose crew was helping Shelbyville, says firefighters were able to get everything under control in twenty minutes.
Harland says the house did suffer smoke and water damage and may need the roof repaired.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Woodworth at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.