Montrose family loses everything in weekend fire - WGEM.com: Quincy News, Weather, Sports, and Radio

Montrose family loses everything in weekend fire

Posted:
MONTROSE, Ia. (WGEM) -

A Southeast Iowa family loses everything in a weekend fire started by a burn barrel left next to a garage.

Fire crews were called to 3305 River Road in Montrose early Saturday morning.

Fire Chief Jim Briggs says a child woke up to the smell of smoke.

Everyone in the house was able to get out safely.

Chief Briggs says the fire spread quickly from the garage to house because of the dry conditions. He warns to use extreme caution when doing any outdoor burning.

The Red Cross is now helping the family.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Woodworth at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.