Quincy's North 30th Street near ADM is now back open after a utility pole caught fire Thursday morning.
Tri-Township firefighter Darren Smith says the call came at 8 a.m. He says the fire started after a 34,000 volt insulator malfunctioned.
The street was closed from Chestnut to Locust streets for approximately three hours while Ameren crews repaired the pole.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Woodworth at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.