Fire leaves three Fort Madison residents homeless - WGEM.com: Quincy News, Weather, Sports, and Radio

Fire leaves three Fort Madison residents homeless

Posted:
FORT MADISON, Ia. (WGEM) -

Three Fort Madison residents are homeless after a fire ripped through their home Tuesday afternoon.

Fire Chief Joey Herren said crews responded to a fire in the Aztec Mobile Home Park around 12:50 p.m. When crews arrived, the mobile home was fully engulfed with flames coming out of the back of the structure.

Herren said the fire started near the water heater.

The residents were not home at the time and no injuries were reported. The home is considered a total loss.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WGEM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Kathy Woodworth at 217-228-6617. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.