Man faces assault charges after Marion Co. incident - Quincy News, Weather, Sports, and Radio

Man faces assault charges after Marion Co. incident

Dunn Dunn

A man arrested on Labor Day in Marion County, Missouri, faces multiples charges after trying to run over another man, according to the prosecutor.

In a news release, Marion County Prosecutor David Clayton stated Michael Dunn, of Columbia, Missouri, was charged with assault 2nd degree, property damage, driving while intoxicated on drugs and assault 4th degree.

The charges are related to an incident police said ended with the victims holding two suspects at gunpoint until police arrived.

“I wish to commend the family for taking the necessary measures to protect their lives and their property,” Clayton stated in the release. 

The probable cause statement released by Clayton stated Missouri State Highway Patrol was called Monday at 12:24 p.m. about a disturbance in progress at 5730 Highway E, near Palmyra. It stated troopers were told two people were at the residence kicking a garage door.

The document stated when troopers arrived, they made contact with the two property owners, who appeared visibly upset.

Court documents stated one of the property owners told troopers that the two people laying on the driveway drove a truck onto his property, drove around the house and made contact with him between the house and garage. He told troopers the driver, identified later as Dunn, threatened to run him over.

The owner told police Dunn then drove toward him but crashed into the garage.

The owner also told troopers Dunn told him he had a gun in the truck and threatened to shoot him, according to the probable cause statement.

While the other property owner called 911, police said the owner went inside and grabbed a rifle. He then held Dunn and the passenger, later identified as Paul E. Frazier, on the driveway at gunpoint until authorities arrived, according to the court documents.

Police said they put Dunn and Frazier in handcuffs. At that point, police said Dunn was "talking in a threatening manner" so they took him to the patrol vehicle. Frazier was placed in another patrol vehicle, according to the statement.

Police said in the patrol vehicle, Dunn said someone was after him. The statement said Dunn "seemed confused, mumbled at times and was incoherent."

The trooper stated during his time with Dunn, he was unresponsive at times and said he could not make his legs work. Authorities said Dunn was then taken to Hannibal Regional Hospital where a blood specimen was taken as evidence.

The statement shows Dunn was taken to the Marion County Jail after he was released from the hospital.

Clayton stated Dunn is facing up to seven years in prison, two years and 15 days in jail or fines up to $12,750 or a combination of those.

Powered by Frankly