Hannibal celebrates 45th annual Folklife Festival
HANNIBAL (WGEM) - Thousands of people headed to Main Street in Hannibal on Saturday to celebrate the 45th annual Folklife Festival.
From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., attendees traveled back in time to taste food and buy goods from the mid-1800s.
The festival’s first day featured hundreds of vendors, eateries and live music performances.
Hannibal resident Michelle Todd said she looks forward to the Folklife Festival every year.
“Well it’s a Hannibal tradition and our family really likes to come,” she said. “Actually, today was interesting because one of my sisters was from out of town and came back to visit and so I have three sisters and we all kind of congregate and this is just a good time.”
The festival continues tomorrow from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m with these special events:
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. -- Kid’s Corner / CRD Circle of King’s Daughters (Main and Hill Grass Lot)
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. -- Street Pub (422 N. Main Street)
- 12 p.m. -- Gerry Lunt / Have Banjo Will Travel (South Stage, Booth 121)
- 1 p.m. -- Judy Schmidt and Friends (North Stage, Booth 80)
- 2 p.m. -- Salvation Army Brass Band (North Stage, Booth 80)
- 2 p.m. -- Rag Tag (South Stage, Booth 121)
- 3 p.m. -- Judy Schmidt and Friends (North Stage, Booth 80)
Copyright 2021 WGEM. All rights reserved.