Voter Information: Missouri Primary Election 2022
The Missouri Primary Election will be held on August 2, 2022.
Polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
How do I register to vote in Missouri?
To register to vote in Missouri you must be 17 ½ years of age (18 years of age to vote), a US Citizen, and a Missouri resident.
The deadline to register in Missouri for the Primary Election is July 6.
What do I take with me?
If you are a registered voter in Missouri, you only need to take an ID. You can find acceptable IDs here.
Where do I vote?
You can find your polling place here.
According to the Missouri Secretary of State, registered Missourians who expect to be prevented from going to their polling place on Election Day may vote absentee beginning six weeks prior to an election.
Absentee voters must provide one of the following reasons for voting absentee:
- Absence on Election Day from the jurisdiction of the election authority in which such voter is registered to vote;
- Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability, including a person who is primarily responsible for the physical care of a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability;
- Religious belief or practice;
- Employment as an election authority, as a member of an election authority, or by an election authority at a location other than such voter’s polling place;
- Incarceration, provided all qualifications for voting are retained.
- Certified participation in the address confidentiality program established under sections 589.660 to 589.681 because of safety concerns.
Voters can request absentee ballots from their local election authority in person, by mail, by fax or by e-mail. Relatives within the second degree (spouse, parents and children) may complete an absentee ballot application, in person, on behalf of the voter who wishes to vote absentee.
Permanent Absentee Voting
According to the Missouri Secretary of State, if you have a permanent physical disability you may request to be placed on a designated list so that your local election authority can automatically mail an absentee ballot application directly to you prior to each election. You will need to make this request directly your local election authority who will send you further information.
Copyright 2022 WGEM. All rights reserved.