Fire breaks out in Quincy home

Published: Jan. 19, 2023 at 5:40 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

QUINCY (WGEM) - A fire broke out in the basement of a Quincy home around 5 p.m., Thursday.

Officials with the Quincy Fire Department list the tentative cause as a mechanical issue related to a furnace in the home’s basement.

Smoke could be seen coming from the roof of the home at 808 Adams St. upon first responders arrival.

Quincy Police Department, Quincy Fire Department and Adams County EMS responded to the fire.

Quincy Fire Deputy Chief Steve Salrin said there was one person in the home and no one was injured.

“Crew arrived on scene to find light smoke coming from an attic vent and pretty significant amount of smoke in the living space,” Salrin said.

Salrin said smoke was carried up through the furnace.

By 6 p.m., crews were beginning to ventilate the structure of any smoke.

It was also reported that Ameren is on scene.

Copyright 2022 WGEM. All rights reserved.

EDITORS NOTE: A previous version of the story had the wrong address.