DeVore files second lawsuit against assault weapons ban
GREENVILLE, Ill. (WGEM) - Former Attorney General candidate Tom DeVore has filed a second lawsuit against the Illinois assault weapon ban.
The lawsuit was filed in White County and includes former state senator and former Illinois Republican nominee for governor, Darren Bailey among the plaintiffs.
DeVore stated that the White County Court has granted an emergency hearing Wednesday at 9 a.m. where he will ask for a temporary restraining order against the new law.
On Friday an Effingham County judge granted a temporary restraining order against the ban as part of another lawsuit where Tom DeVore is representing four gun stores and 862 individual gun owners who oppose the new law.
- State preparing further defense of assault weapons ban
- Illinois judge grants temporary restraining order against assault weapon ban
- Devore presents argument against Illinois assault weapon ban, ruling expected Friday
- Sheriffs say they want no role in enforcing state’s assault weapon registry
- Rifle Association files federal suit against assault weapons ban
- Illinois House Democrats pass assault weapon ban
Copyright 2022 WGEM. All rights reserved.