Solar panel project is saving the City of Quincy money
QUINCY (WGEM) - The City of Quincy was paid $1,300 for the power it generated through solar panels in January at the Quincy Regional Airport.
Quincy Regional Airport Director Chuck Miller said now that the solar panel array is up and running, there are times it generates enough energy to power the airport’s terminal building and then some. He said they can sell back that extra to commercial power and make a profit.
Miller said they used 24% less commercial power in January, which was able to be sold back.
At Wednesday night’s aeronautics committee meeting, Miller said they also discussed jobs that have to be done in the future and are looking to start programming for them.
- Quincy Regional Airport solar panel project now operating
- Quincy Regional Airport projects are progressing
- Runway construction and solar panel installation moving along at Quincy Regional Airport
- Quincy Regional Airport receives solar energy loan
- City of Quincy loans airport $1.2M for solar energy
- Solar project to come to Quincy Regional Airport
Copyright 2022 WGEM. All rights reserved.