Jury selection begins in Bliefnick trial
QUINCY (WGEM) - Jury selection began at 8:30 a.m. Monday in the Adams County courtroom for the Timothy Bleifnick trial.
Judge Robert Adrian said the jury pool stands at 71 people. Half will be called in for a morning session with the other half in the afternoon.
Jurors will be asked if they belong to any clubs, organizations or churches. If yes, they will then be asked if they belong to St. Peter’s or The Crossing.
No media outlets will be allowed to broadcast or stream the trial live. However, WGEM News will have a reporter in the courtroom who will be Tweeting live with updates at WGEM.com and on each newscast.
Opening statements will be made Tuesday.
Timothy’s estranged wife, Rebecca Bliefnick was found dead in her Kentucky Road home on February 23 with multiple gunshot wounds.
Police searched Timothy Bliefnick’s home on Hampshire Street on March 1 as part of the investigation.
Bliefnick was arrested at 8:24 a.m. on March 13 and charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of a home invasion.
If found guilty, Bliefnick could face up to life in prison.
- Bliefnick makes final court appearance ahead of Monday’s jury selection
- Judge denies motion to unseal records, hearings in Bliefnick murder trial
- Bliefnick trial remains on schedule for May 22
- No decision yet on push to unseal motions in Bliefnick murder trial
- Judge Adrian approves petition from local media, sets hearing date
- WGEM joins news outlets seeking to unseal Bliefnick trial documents
- Judge orders up to $10,000 from county to aid Bliefnick defense
- Bliefnick pleads not guilty to murder of estranged wife
- Bliefnick makes first court appearance, judge denies bail
- Estranged husband of homicide victim charged with murder
- Police search estranged husband’s home as part of investigation into wife′s death
- Kentucky Road death investigation continues
- Quincy Police share more information about homicide investigation
- Quincy police conduct death investigation
Copyright 2023 WGEM. All rights reserved.