EF-1 tornado confirmed in Adams County Friday night
ADAMS COUNTY, Ill. (WGEM) - The National Weather Service confirmed on Sunday that the storms that passed through northern Adams County Friday night produced an EF-1 tornado.
The tornado touched down in Marcelline, Ill., near N 2400th Ave. and continued northeast to E 953rd Lane.
NWS reported that the tornado reached peak winds at 90 mph and lasted around 2.9 miles.
Damage throughout Marcelline, which is just two miles north of Ursa, Ill. included a barn completely destroyed, corn flattened, and a tree down on a house.
There were also power lines down and trees twisted.
- Thousands without power following storms
- Barn destroyed, corn flattened in Marcelline, Ill., following severe storms
- National Weather Service confirms EF2 tornado in Baring, Mo.
- Governor Parson activates Missouri State Emergency Operations Plan in Knox County
- Clark County flooding leads to water rescues and road closures
Copyright 2023 WGEM. All rights reserved.